Resources and Information
Thanks to crazy, high-intensity ads targeted at a young crowd, jerky has a reputation for being a take-anywhere snack made only to satisfy hunger cravings. We guess that makes sense, because there’s not a lot to savor with that convenience store jerky.
At Mahogany Smoked Meats, we take a different tack. Since 1922, we have used mahogany wood for our smoking because of its rich aroma and depth of flavor. Because our meats have such a distinct, unique flavor, we don’t ruin them with added preservatives or artificial colors. We use premium cuts of meat in an old-fashioned, traditional preparation for some of the most delicious jerky you’ve ever enjoyed.
Our jerky isn’t just for a hiking trip or gas station snack:
• Check out our Jerky and Beer Pairing Guide to learn which flavors mesh best with your favorite kinds of cold beer.
• Our Jerky and Wine Pairing Guide shows you the surprising ways that the smoky, savory and sweet flavors of our quality jerky pair with a light Moscato or a full merlot.
• How to Make Beef Jerky will introduce you to how quality jerky is prepared. Start with our quality mahogany smoked meats and this basic recipe, then customize to your personal tastes.
• Is Beef Jerky Healthy details how traditionally prepared, quality jerky is packed with protein without a lot of fat, calories, or sodium.
• Ways to Use Jerky Recipes is written for kitchen wizards seeking inspiration for creative cuisine.